Monday, October 25, 2010

Mini Pumpkin Muffins

Well "Hello Fall!" As our leaves are turning and our weather is trying to decide which way to go...these mini cupcakes always get me in the right mindset for cooling temperatures. This recipe is many thanks to my mom, and was my go-to dessert as a newly married wife trying to figure her way in the family pot-luck world.

This weekend was also very crafy for me. I had a lot of fun making a giftbox to nestle these goodies into. My new "mid year resolution" (Is that such a thing?) is to give to others at least once a season. At Archivers, I had seen some adorable Frankenstein boxes using a new tool I recently splurged on (a Martha Stewart scoring board) and the rest is history. I hope my neighbors, a few co-workers, and friends will enjoy! Same goes for you!

Mini Pumpkin Muffins


Ingregients:
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 2/3 cup sugar
  2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 16-oz. can pumpkin (solid pack)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda


Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. 


Stir in remaining ingredients.


Spoon into cupcake liners. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes (check with toothpick).

Cream Cheese Icing


Ingredients:
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar


Cream the cheese and butter together.  Add vanilla and sugar.  Mix well. 



Apply to cupcakes with icing tip.



Mini-Pumpkin Cupcakes with Frankenstein


The finished treat!

3 comments:

  1. Casey, those are so cute. The gift box is adorable - super neat. You're right, these muffins are very good. What a way to make someone feel special. Good job. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable are those!?! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these from Thanksgiving last year - they were delish!

    ReplyDelete