Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Gooey Pie

This pie is the easiest pie to ever make...and the most delicious! I would describe it as cookie dough in a pie crust. The best of both cookie and pie worlds! My step-mother-in-law, wonderful cook and baker, shared this recipe after I made my love of it obviously known. It makes two pies, freezes beautifully, and takes about 10 minutes to throw together. One of mine is going to a pot-luck at work tomorrow and one will spend three or so days in the freezer before making an appearance for Thanksgiving dessert.

Chocolate Pecan Gooey Pie

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 sticks butter-softened
1 cup flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans
2 deep dish frozen pie crusts


Slightly beat eggs. Beat in butter, flour, and sugar.


Blend in vanilla, chocolate chips, and pecans.


Pour in the two deep dish pie shells. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.


I would show you a picture of the inside, but I don't think a half eaten pie would look very good on a buffet table!

3 comments:

  1. I'm drooling just thinking about taking a bite. Thanks for reminding me about this delicious recipe. I'm adding it to my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner. Happy Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Brad made dinner the other night and was struggling to find something to make. He looked around on your blog and made the cheeseburger pie! It was fantastic! He was thrilled! Have a good Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete