Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheese Souffle

Family traditions are so important to our family. I love looking forward to them each time we get together. One of my favorite traditions is this breakfast souffle. We eat it every Christmas morning at my Grandpa and Grandma Carter's house.

I have been wanting to make it for forever, it seems like I love it so much once a year, and then don't see it until 365 days later. This year at Christmas I made a decision to make it a few extra times. So easy to put together...but, my goodness, does it have a lot of cheese! Don't think this is an egg bake or bread pudding. Nope! This is fluffy cheese! Yummy, all the same, but not something to add to a daily diet!


Cheese Souffle Ingredients:

6-10 slices of bread
3/4 lb graded mild cheddar cheese
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 Tbsp. butter, melted (Ignore the tub of margarine.:))


Prehead oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9x13 making dish.
Remove crusts from bread and cut into cubes.


Layer half the bread cubes, half the cheese.
Then repeat with remaining bread cubes and cheese.


In a bowl, beat eggs slightly.
Add the remaining ingredients (milk, salt, dry mustard, melted butter) and stir together.


Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
Regrigerate overnight or for a few hours. (I'm good with about 20 minutes!)


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.


Yummy and enough cheese to last you the whole week! Serve with yummy sausage balls and petite carmel rolls...I'll post those to round out my breakfast week blogs!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so cheesy and good!!! It's good to see you back at blogging :)

    ReplyDelete