Thursday, September 30, 2010

Easiest cookies ever!

From the first day of school, I start in on my third graders and their listening skills. I’ll admit, I’m not above subtle hints. Many times, my kids hear about my love for chocolate, cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Here is a story of one adorable girl who listened…and made my day a little sweeter. For the second time this year Caitlynn showed up with wrapped goodies, approximately 8 vanilla and chocolate cookies dunked in powdered sugar. By lunch time there were only two left. Caitlynn got herself a big thank you hug and her mom was sent an email requesting the recipe. The cookies were soft, simple, and addicting (pretty sure it was the powdered sugar that kept me coming back)…and they were the easiest cookies ever to make. In less than 20 minutes, I’m sitting here enjoying my second one and typing it out for others to try.




Gooey Butter Cookies
1 box (any flavor) cake mix
1/2 pkg. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 egg
dash of vanilla
powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients, roll into balls.  Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for ONLY 12 minutes (don't over bake).
I used vanilla flavored cake mix, but I am looking forward to experimenting with other flavors. I think chocolate and red velvet are up next!

2 comments:

  1. Casey,

    I love your blog!! You are a great writer and the introductions are wonderful! I am so glad you started this, it will be fun to keep up with everything!

    Have fun!
    Jandee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jandee! You were right, it is fun! :) Good luck with yours, we'll have to swap notes!

    ReplyDelete