Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Why do the tastiest recipes always turn out to be the easiest? After years of trying different spinach and artichoke dips, I was finally handed this recipe and was blown away by the simplicity of it. I mean, seriously, you just cook it in the microwave and all the measurements are in 1/2 cups...someone could do this in their sleep! But seriously, I went to a friend's swap party (swapping shirts, pants, purses, jewelry, etc) and in walked this dish. The girl who brought it even saved the cooking part until she got there and just stuck it in the microwave. It was delicious and I knew I had to swap her recipe! Haha!


Spinach Artichoke Dip ingredients

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained


Mix all ingredients together, spread in a greased dish, cook in the microwave on high for approximately 8 minutes.
Stir and serve with tortilla chips.



I chose to use fat free sour cream and mayonnaise and combine that with the veggies I chalked this up to a pretty light appetizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment