Thursday, March 3, 2011

Green Chile Beef Enchiladas

I consider this a "healthy" Mexican dish. Although my dad will be the first to point out that, if you're going to rank cuisine, that Mexican is about as bad as you can go. Kansas City does spoil residents with free AMAZING white cheese dip. (I need to blog my copycat recipe!) These enchiladas are made with fat free cream cheese, something I don't usually turn to, but definitely did not miss the extra"ness" of full fat cream cheese.

Green Chile Beef Enchiladas Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package (8 oz.) fat free cream cheese
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
6-8 flour tortillas
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Brown ground beef.
Add canned chilies and cream cheese.
Let melt and stir together.


I have recently fallen in love with black beans and am creating recipes just so I can eat more of them! :)
Create enchiladas by spooning beef mixture and a small handful of beans into flour tortillas.


Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce onto bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
Roll up enchilada, place in dish.


Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.


Top with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment