Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cheeseburger Pie

Biquick names it "Impossible Easy Cheeseburger Pie" and, while I don't know if I would take it that far, it is simple to make and satisfies a comfort food craving!

I like to save this recipe for when I come home from work and am dumbfounded at what to make for dinner. I have this wonderful husband who likes to skip lunch for some reason that is at a complete loss to me. Who would willingly skip a meal? I'm not one of those, that's for sure! When I walk in the door, I am faced with hopeful eyes that I can save the day and feed his hungry stomach! But am I complaining? Absolutely not! I actually had to teach him to depend on me for dinner and I wouldn't trade it for anything! :) Nathan willingly cleared the pan and informed me that I could make this weekly...thanks for the permission hun!

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
From Bisquick


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs


Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. In skillet brown beef with chopped onion, drain. Stir in salt.


Spread in pie plate and top with shredded cheese.


Stir Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs in medium bowl until blended.


Pour on top of beef and cheese.

(Looks appetizing, huh??)


Bake about 25-30 minutes until knife inserted into center comes out clean.


Yummy finished product! Love me some Bisquick (so much we buy it in bulk)!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not even hungry, but this looks good! I don't like onions, so I'd leave that part out. Onion salt might work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for supper tonight. I add broccoli to my recipe which turns it into a complete meal.

    ReplyDelete