Saturday, November 27, 2010

Taco Soup

Taco soup is something I've wanted to try for a long time (and chicken tortilla soup, but that's for a different day). I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen, a group website created by the much popular Pioneer Woman. It was delicious, comforting, and made a ton! Next time around, I plan on sticking a bowl in the freezer for one of my lazy nights!


Taco Soup Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1 can, 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chili beans, with sauce
2 cups frozen corn kernels
3 cups chicken broth


Step 1. Dump all in a pot and simmer 30ish minutes.
The end.

I love easy meals.


Topping ideas:
Fritos, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro

This recipe made me fall in love with Fritos again, I had forgotten about their salty goodness.


Load it up and...yum!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good - I'll have to give this one a try. It's definitely that time of year for soups.

    ReplyDelete