Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Not your average cheese ball. This one is sweet, rather than savory, and is a pleaser for kids to adults! I keep telling myself that it is my new favorite dessert to take to gatherings. However, next time my husband goes out of town for work, I'm heading to the store for the ingredients! Every girl needs a little splurge!


Ingredients:
1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus extra for coating
graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers or animal crackers for dipping


Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy.


Slowly add sugars until blended.


Stir in chocolate chips.
Place mixture on piece of cling wrap and wrap to form ball.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.


Remove cling wrap and roll ball in remaining mini chocolate chips.
Serve with your choice of dippers. I enjoy animal crackers!


I had to throw in a picture of the Tinkster licking/attacking my face!

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect "go to" recipe for a holiday get together. And, yummy! I vote for the animal crackers, too - but graham cracker stix are also good.
    I love the picture of you and Tinkerbell. That girl is just so big (the dog, not you).

    ReplyDelete