Monday, December 13, 2010

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

As I said in an earlier post...sweet potatoes are currently priced at ten cents a pound. I think that qualifies it as the cheapest side dish known to man kind. And as my hubby and I are approaching a big life decision (more on that later), cheap is mattering to me right now!

These roasted sweet potatoes are perfect alongside fish or chicken. I always have to tie my hands to let them bake the needed amount of time, and it is so worth it! They're so tempting, I've eaten them while they're still crunchy just to satisfy my want...no self control man, no self control.


Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Ingredients
sweet potatoes (as many as you desire)
salt
olive oil
cracked black pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel and dice potatoes into small chunks...aim for equal size chunks.


Spread on baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with hands to coat.
Season generously with salt and pepper.


Roast in 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sweet potatoes will be done when fork tender.

Hint to remember...I always wish I would have made more, so go overboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment