Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tater-Tot Casserole

The quintessential comfort food...Tater-Tot Casserole!



Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 16 oz. package frozen tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper.


Add the onion and cook until tender.


Mix in cream of celery soup and spread in casserole dish.


Top mixture with tater tots.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until tater tots are golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
Remove from oven, top with cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.

I have to ask, are you the type to organize the tots into concentric circles, perfect rows, or do you just haphazardly pile them on?

4 comments:

  1. I like them in Rows because then I know where to insert the spatula to scoop it onto my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pile them on and spread them around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to put the tator tots in rows so they are organized and it looks pretty, however, my mom or Jandee will come along and just scatter them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar recipe, but it is a little different. I use cream of mushroom soup and the cheese goes under the tater tots. But I have to have them in neat little rows. Only because I haven't thought outside the box enough to do it any other way.

    ReplyDelete